View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #103
CRGRS 66

Re: CRGRS 66 – Winter Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63sbssbbw View Post
The x-m should have holes for both
So, yeah that's kind of strange.
Mine had a similar bend in it.nothing the BFH won't fix.
That framerail bow is different!
I assume the frame is square ??(+- 1/8").
It may interfere with your PS conversion plates(or not?),just something to watch for.
Looking good so far Craig
T
Haven't measured anything, not too worried about either anomally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Keep up the great work, looks and sounds like you are having as much fun with your build as I am with mine...
I am, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYZ View Post
Looking good CRGRS. little late getting on board just found your thread.For your first rodeo you are motoring along like a pro.
Not far from Cambridge or Newmarket either,should find a show next summer we can all go to.
Welcome aboard, yes, we should figure out a show or two, maybe a cruise night or two as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
craig, the radiator support member being bent, i would guess the po might have put a tow hook there were the hole is to have somewhere to hook too, and bent it! the frame indent were the steering box was i wouldnt worry about it either! usless the frame is bent and you can take cross measurements to check that! i wouldnt worry about it, if you get the power steering bracket from captfab. and weld it in then that will be fine!! your truck is in alot better shape then some peoples trucks are, alot better then mine, lol!! anyways good to see some progress on the truck, have the other new parts came in yet??
Chadwick, be patient Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
That slight dent in the frame is likely from the bumper taking an impact, as the bumper brace is bolted to the frame in that area. If you can straighten it out, good, if not I wouldn't worry too much about it..As long as the steering box area is not bent.
Thanks Captain, still debating on what to do about power steering

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote