View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #52
1leglance

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

Wow it has been awhile since I updated this.....oh yeah it is cuz we have been out playing in the burb instead of building it

I have done a few temp ghetto test things to figure out what I want. Nothing worth posting, just made a file box into a center console to figure out the hgt & size I want, made a temp laptop stand and tried a few versions of the rear setup.

But today I did a real life mod and I love it. Huge thanks to the thread here and all the stuff I have been and will be learning from everyone.

Went from the original hatch struts

Added 4 of the original ball studs for the gas pedal...keeping it Chevy after all.

And ended up with gas struts for the rear hatch....love it! All high tech and stuff....hey I am not a Luddite even if I do like the old iron

My goal is to drive & camp the crap out of the rig until Feb/March...working a ton of overtime to build up the cash stash.
Then shove the 6.2 turbo diesel/700r4 overdrive trans/NP20? transfer case/big axles with disc brakes & lockers/and maybe another inch of lift.....but I want to get it done quickly and be back on the trail.
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote