View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #29
clinebarger

Re: 85 lwb turbo 5.3 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69trk View Post
I'm thinking about using the stock pcm, but I don't know if i would take a chance with my computer and wiring harness. It looks like it has been sitting outside for a while.. Plus the holley you can go from e85 to gas and run meth injection and it will tune it's self... If i run a stock computer and harness i will have to take it and have it tuned and around here it's around $500 then if you buy the hp tuner or efi live that's another cost. How often do you have to tune the stock pcm? Will it adjust automatically when boost is applied?
Keep in mind the Holley stuff is fairly new, So......Little/No support other than Holley's tech line I dont have experience with the system your looking at....But I have taken several of their older Pro-Jection units off & thrown them in the trash.

People have been tuning the stock Gen III PCM for 13 years.

http://ls1tuningguide.com/tuningmanu...ons%20rev3.pdf

Quote from HP tuners website.....

2bar and 3bar Speed Density
Applications: 1998+ Gen3 V8 (Most Operating Systems)
The enhancement is designed for the serious forced induction enthusiast who is struggling to make the stock PCM do everything that is needed at the racetrack and is tired of using the various VCM "tricking" techniques during the tuning process. HP Tuners has spent months of in-house and external testing and development time, utilizing some of the worlds best forced induction tuning houses as beta testers to make sure the features meet the requirements for both supercharged and turbocharged applications.

The 2bar Speed Density enhancement includes:
- 2bar MAP support (calibration capability for 0-5V linear sensors)
- Retains 5 kPa resolution in non-boost regions (2bar pre 04/05)
- 5 kPa resolution in boost regions (2bar pre 04/05)
- 10 kPa resolution in boost regions (2bar and 3bar post 04/05)
- Secondary VE table not used (if applicable)
- New MAP referenced "Boost Enrich" table
- New openloop MAP threshold
- Dual (High and Low Octane) Spark table support
- Speed Density mode only
- VCM Scanner histogram automatically recognizes and adjusts for 2bar/3bar feature
- New 2bar/3bar MAP PID for VCM Scanner
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote