View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: New '69 Custom Chevy 2013

Robert, that one I got is a custom job. The guy disassembled and swapped wheels/tires. It's funny,that's the very first one of these I ever saw. I wasn't even sure if the paint job wasn't custom. Then,I poked around and saw the standard issue and that these had just been released. I like it so much better with these wheels and paid enough to buy quite a few standard releases,but I think it really stands out with the wheels. The thing is,I do these wheel swaps myself and probably should have waited,bought one at the store,and done my own. But,by the time you buy one with real riders,which cost more already,it's not much cheaper. This way,I still have my donors for other swaps.
I think that electric co. one came out last summer sometime. Not too long ago,though. I never got one because the wheels bugged me too much. I'm not too crazy about most tampo jobs,either. I actually like this 2013 one for some reason. Looks retro '70s,maybe? I dunno. I was thinking I should get the electric co. one and do a wheel swap. Not sure why that never occurred to me before.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote