View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
JJAB

Thumbs up Re: 6.0 Falls Dead, Cranks Up?????????

After driving the blazer again and trying to get very specific sysmtoms, this is what it ooing exactly. First, PCM is throwing no codes. Under normal driving conditions in the city, normal stop and go, the blazer(engine) does wonderful no issues. If you get into the throttle or goose the motor from "light to light", when braking or coming to a stop, the engine dies and really you dont really know its dead until the steering wheel freezes up; cranks right back up. Or, if you get onto the highway and decelerate from highway speeds& rpm's, the engine does the same thing, but will crank right back up.

I am going to cap off the vent tube that goes to the vacuum canister. I am also going to re-attach the larger fuel filler neck vent hose and purchase a vented gas cap to see if this solves my problem.

To those who are using blazer/suburban gas tanks, I am curious as to how you vented your tank. Any information would be helpful. All other things considered, the 6.0/4l60e combo is awesome and runs great. But as you know the little things can sometimes drive a person crazy. THANKS!!!!!!
JJAB is offline   Reply With Quote