View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
JJAB

Re: 6.0 Falls Dead, Cranks Up?????????

Gentleman, no solution as of yet. Lets be more exact of the symptoms. First of all, on initial crank up, motor cold, truck cranks fine. As the truck/motor warm to operating temperature, the motor will begin to stumble/bog down and shut off. Now at this point, the truck is in park. I also have a fuel pressure guage attached and while idling, the guage is reading constant 50-52psi. When the key is turned to the on position, the guage reads 60 and then after crank it settles at 50-52psi. That being said, this is not a fuel pressure issue. After re-cranking the truck about ten different times, the truck began to idle and run longer and better. As I drove the truck this is what it would do. Normal driving, 20 to 30 mph, drives fine or balls to the wall, it responds, but either scenario, when I ease or come off of the accelerator, the motor bogs and and goes dead. But everytime, it will crank right back up. Also, battery tested 13.5 to 14 volts before and during the test. Any help is appreciated.
JJAB is offline   Reply With Quote