View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #47
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

The great news is that it looks like I'll be getting a set of useable grey seatbelts from Jonboy the kick off my interior phase of the project.

In other news, I got a free core support this morning.

My truck currently has the single headlight setup...

But I personally much prefer the dual light setup on these trucks...

The support is very solid and the price was free but I'll still need to get some new headlights, headlight bezels, and turn signals. I think my current grille will fit this new setup until I can find a cheap billet grille or one of the deluxe (Hillbilly Deluxe ?) ones with the pretty body colored center panel and stainless trim.

I have a short stack of truck money coming later this week so I should be able to get the lights and headlight bezels I need to do this swap. In the meantime, I'll sandblast the core support and get it powdercoated and start rounding up the supplies to build a new 4 headlight harness with relay mod. I'll need some green and tan wire (if I remember my GM colors correctly), some loom, loom clips and a few other little things for doing this. I have a pair of relays with a nice bracket that I salvaged out of a parts car years ago. Good Bosch German relays at that.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote