View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #371
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
We have the Nolimit rack in my son's '82. We sectioned the frame so that the crossmember was up higher in the frame 1.5" and bolted the rack up with no issues. We have a 5.3/4L60e set up and I set up the combo so that the trans oil pan is 1/4" higher than the bottom of the frame rail. For the engine oil pan we are going to us a LSA pan that will fit without notching the crossmember and will be higher than the bottom of the crossmember.

Check out our thread for pictures, we do not have the LSA pan on yet, but the measurements say it will fit without issues. We are redoing the frame mounts for the engine now, so hopefully over the Christmas holidays we can get this put back together with the new pan.
Thanks, I'll keep checking in the thread for info on the LSA pan. I like the way you notched the rails instead of taking a slice out of the crossmember, looks much easier than cutting the full width of the crossmember. I may cut across the full width on mine though to add oil pan clearance and more metal would be cut out for more weight reduction. I'll look at both ways when I start mock up.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote