View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #69
LowGT

Re: Whats up with Logan...

Haha, I had a similar thing happen to me. I bought a 3spd OD trans off craigslist but I had to help pull it. No problem, right? I get to the place and it is a huge ranch and the truck is sitting out in a field. It was just a cab, frame, and drivetrain so at least everything was easy to get too. We pull the inspection plate off the tranny and the guy yells at me to drop it. There is a big rat snake half in the plate and half up in the flywheel. After some poking and irritation we convince the snake to find somewhere else to live. Due to the grass and snake incident we decide to just pull the motor and tranny together and separate them back and the barn. When we separate the motor and tranny I hear the guy again, get back! The was another big rat snake coiled up between the block and flywheel.

I've had run-ins with mice, rats, and even a possum once while messing with old cars, but this was my first (and second) snake encounter. I think I'll stick with mice. I probably would have screamed like a little girl when that snake popped it's head out of the radiator, haha.

BTW, i say let the engine warm up. He'll get the hint sooner or later.