View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: scott's or porter built? air ride or coil over?

I am not bias to anyone but I will say this...
In my case I need a partial kit, so to speak, for what I am doing.
I need a bolt in coil-over crossmember for my 63, coil-over control arms that accept stock 73-87 spindles, the coil-over shocks for a 600 lb. motor and mounting hardware, I have everything else I want to use.
I have spoken with both companys by phone and even visited Porterbuilt's shop a few months ago.
Porterbuilt told me they would be more than happy to put together what I needed and in the way I wanted.
I talked to the other company and was told how I was going to do it because what they sell is what they sell and thats it. The only flexibility was with brake parts or without brake parts.
I see very good quality in both company's products, I am not knocking anyones products however, in this business, IMHO, a company needs to be a bit flexible when it comes to meeting the customers needs.
Not everyone is building the same truck.
When I am ready I will be heading to Porterbuilt because, as I said, they will sell me the parts I need and the way I want them.

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote