View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #37
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

This thread has got me really thinking about things. Just recently, I bought a used radio for my 72 Cheyenne. The cool thing was I paid $30.00 for it and got a good story about where it came from. It is very nice to bring something like that home and put some elbow grease into it and be proud of it. I am making it a point to buy as much "used" salvage yard original parts as I can for my 72 and my 64. I don't really like the aftermarket scene that much. Yes it is handy once in a while but it has no personality at all. Gramp's is cool and he is smart. When I buy a part from a salvage yard, it brings back many memories from my childhood going out with my dad on Saturday morning to get a used piece of trim or a fender or bumper and know that it is all GM American made with a lot of pride. I spend a lot of time in Oregon, where the 60 - 72 Chevy trucks are everywhere and still being used. It is like going back in time 30 yrs. I know it will never be like it was 30 yrs ago but I want to keep that feeling alive for as long as possible. I am 47 years old and I remember a better time on this planet. When I take the 72 or the 64 for a drive, it brings it all back to me. I sincerely hope that feeling is with me for the rest of my days on this planet.
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote