View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
atp

"Need-2-Carryall-8" 1972 Suburban

Here we go again...with the birth of my 6th child, expected in May, I have decided my next build will be a Suburban my family of 8 can enjoy...hence the name. I learned my lesson on the Blazer, so I have decided to start with a solid driver and do a mild build. It will be done in phases.

About the Suburban - I purchased it from the original owner. I looked for a solid Bronze Suburban for a long time and had to go to Colorado to get this one. It was purchased new in April of 1972. The org owner included the original BOS (org purchase price $4941), owners manual, build sheet as well as a folder full of receipts and other documentation. Used as a DD until the 90’s when he decided to, in his words, “fix it up a little and take better care of it.” He painted the exterior, rebuilt the motor, made a few interior improvements and started storing it in the garage. It has been driven very little since. The only rust repair was some minor rust in 2 rockers and they were just patched, not replaced.

The Plan:

Phase 1:
Interior - Add a 3rd row, buckets up front and reupholster with some bling! Panels and carpet look great so they stay.

Phase 2:
Suspension - Porterbuilt arms and bags upfront and to keep it consistent...PB arms and bags in the rear. Spindles and better disc Brakes (probably CPP)

Wheels - Leaning toward 20/22” Centerline Smoothies “Delmo Style”

Phase 3 - DRIVE IT - ENJOY IT until I win the lottery then...

Phase 4 - Dropmembers and LSx Swap

Enough talking - enjoy the pics...
Attached Images

atp is offline   Reply With Quote