Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #162
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Thanks for showing me your truck. You've made some great progress. Nice, clean work. Setting the bar pretty high. I LIKE IT !!!!!
Thanks, man. I'm happy we were finally able to meet up. It was great talking to you. Maybe one of these days I can make down there and check out yours in person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
pdxhall, nice work on the floor patches! they came out a lil better then mine, i hey no one will see them anyways right, lol!! keep it up it will all come together and look great!!
Thanks, Chad. I keep trying to tell myself that no one will see them, but it seldom works for me that's what it takes me so long to do some things.

I decided to finish up the inner rocker before going any further with the door pillar and welding up the flange on the floor/toe board seam. I realized after Bomp pointed it out to me the other day that I don't need to replace the rear cab corner on the driver side. I had just assumed I would need to since the passenger side needs to be, but it is solid with just a little surface rust on the inside, same with the rear door pillar. I cut out the inner rocker that needed replacing and got the patch piece welded in. I wanted to get this done so I could fit up the outer rocker and see how things lined up. It seems as though I might need to do a little massaging to get the rocker to fit up. I know I've read where others have had problems with these. If anybody that reads this has had fitment problems could you please tell me what you had to do so I know if I'm on the right track?
I took a few more pics but I haven't got them downloaded on to my computer yet. I'll try to get them up later today.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote