View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
beonkey

Re: The Neutered Jimmy (4X4 to 2X4)

Ok so after I figured out the front and referenced every measurement possible I was ready for the final test which is the centerlink. I feel I got it as far forward as possible with no rub issues.

Name:  IMG_0879.JPG
Views: 1172
Size:  63.8 KB

Here is a pic of too small of wheels on the front after everything was in place, OH and 33" tires with a 2" lift in the rear....Not quite the hot rod rake I was going for.

Name:  IMG_0853.JPG
Views: 1385
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0890.JPG
Views: 1261
Size:  73.6 KB

Moving onto the rear trailing arm set up. As you know these need new spring mounts fabricated so I got some metal and gussets and had a buddy weld them up. As for the trailing arm crossmember placement I referenced Gringoloco and Bigbluthng conversion. I moved it forward then back then forward and back about 30 more times until I had the rear wheels centered. I actually utilized the holes that Gringoloco started with for the e brake cable support on the driver side that I hacked off and now need. It centered the wheels. I will give a side shot later.

Name:  IMG_0946.JPG
Views: 1138
Size:  69.1 KB

Here is how it sits now. I think I mentioned that after everything I have tried this is sitting with just a 5" drop spring in the rear, NO blocks. I want it lower, but don't think there is any solution for me to drop the front as of now and I love how level it is here.

Name:  IMG_0953.JPG
Views: 1115
Size:  76.5 KB

Thoughts, advice and experience is all welcomed, just yell if you have any for me.
Thank you
beonkey is offline   Reply With Quote