View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #18
capev86

Re: "Need-2-Carryall-8" 1972 Suburban

you could move the narrow 2nd row seat to the 3rd position and pick up a wide bench for the second row. your older kids will thank you for the extra elbow room. never had a problem climbing over the sat in my dad's 72 when i was a kid. and you realize, just as soon as you fit those bucket seats, you'll end up needing another spot (may i suggest some b/c, or just find some self control?....lol) . maybe some buddy buckets upholstered to match the rest of the interior would be a good compromise? a black on ??? highlander plaid style would look so nice in that truck!

as for the truck itself, just get the correct rear bumper on there and drive the thing. what is with all this lowering everything?....it's called a truck people! i carry a step stool in mine for those who have a little trouble getting in. looks too pretty to mess with, especially since it is a 1 owner all these years. as for brakes....i put some Hawk Severe Duty carbon-ceramic pads on the front of my 72 C20 Burb (will fit your a C10 also) and they bite like you wouldn't believe! 3/4 ton's have a bigger brake booster....not a bad upgrade if you plan to have your family aboard!

Last edited by capev86; 02-07-2013 at 10:34 PM.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote