View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #16
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Re: Burning oil in my 2009 Silverado

My wife's 07 was tracked and tracked by the dealership for consumption issues. The went so far as to change the oil for free and I brought it in every 2 weeks for them to check the levels and add/document the loss. It was up to 1 qt per 1000 miles at it's peak.
This is a female owned, adult driven truck, that is only really driven by her for the most part to and from work (15 miles). Half of those miles are highway the rest is downtown driving.
The dealership changed the lifters first, it didn't correct the issue! More data tracking. In the end the motor was replaced at 85k miles and a new warranty was issued for it. The new motor still uses some oil but nothing near it's previous usage.
I don't know why the litters went bad but it did have a "bleaddown" (their description) issue after sitting over the weekend which resulted in ticking at startup.

I guess the moral here is stay on the dealership, call the regional director if you need to but give them a chance first and exhaust all their logical conclusions first. A genuine concern baked by facts is hard for cooperate to defend. I hope this helped.
Mike
Posted via Mobile Device
Cash3481 is offline   Reply With Quote