View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
JointTech

Thumbs down Autozone Batteries

battery that came in the truck when i bought it went bad. wouldn't hold a charge. It was a autozone house brand, duralast i think.

I took it to pep boys to have it tested. They said its bad, so not knowing anything about a warranty etc I said how much for a new one. He said man you should just take this to Autozone and they will prorate it out. he could tell by the sticker it wasn't completely out of warranty. I told him I didnt have a receipt and he said i dont know but we dont care about that here. we just look at the sticker.

So I took it to autozone and they tested it again and said its bad and it is under warranty.

Then they asked for the receipt. Which of course i don't have. Then they wanted a phone number, which also didn't match.

They would do nothing and wouldn't discount or prorate a new battery.

I picked up my core and started walking out. They asked what I was going to do.

I said go to a place that has customer service and doesn't harass me about a stupid phone number.

Went to my local parts house, quigleys, and got an Interstate that I can take anywhere in the country and not get harassed.

I also haven't been back to autozone since. In fact I ordered a part from quigleys that autozone had in stock just because they arent getting my money for at least 6 months. I cant say forever because I usually lose all my piss and vinegar after a while and convenience overrides my moral stance
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote