View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #31
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

So, a little more to report. Got the trans and transfer case put back together temporarily to get the motor mocked up. Set the Pacific fab crossmember in and started lowering the engine into place.

After getting the drivers side motor mount bolt in, I quickly realized this isn't going to be easy.

I got the motor in place, bolted to trans and everything lined up and the passenger side motor mount isn't even close.

I decided to pull the motor and see if the crossmember would bolt up without being in the frame. Turns out, it, won't. I should have done this first.

I decided to do some measuring on the crossmember and it appears that the passengers side motor mount plate is welded in a different location than the drivers side. Not sure if this is a fab error or something else is a miss. Gonna give pacific fab a call and see. This is the drivers side of crossmember motor mount plate.

This is the passengers side of crossmember motor mount plate.

I think if the passengers side motor mount plate was moved up a half inch on the crossmember, all pieces will fit. I don't know if they jig weld these, so hoping there's some variation. More to come

Last edited by cmabolt; 04-20-2024 at 05:34 PM.
cmabolt is offline   Reply With Quote