Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #74
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

oldman3, Thank you

99 to Life, Thank you. I did not measure the rear from flange the flange. I do know that it is the narrower rear (earlier style) with the later style wheels. I measures outside to outside of the tires 68" which is narrow. The front with s10 rims on measures 69" which is fine. I will check and post the width on the rear.

Homebuilt Hotrods, Thank you .Yes I h ve been thrashing on it.

48 GMC BURB, Thank you. Yes feeling a lot better. You will need some different wheels. I will see if I can borrow Billys wheels to check the fit. I do love the look of the frame. I do not think I can give it to you! HAHA

Wybrow., Thank you . Glad you like it.

Well been busy with it . I layed out the floor and took a tube and mounted 2 plumb bobs on it to line up the rear. I now have it mounted in the frame. I made a rubber bushinged nose mount and tied it into the tubing. Then when I did the side 4 bars I use the factory brackets and made crush sleeves to weld through the frame. Then I reamed the 4 bar bushings to 1/2" instead of being metric. The bolts are grade 8 , which I always use for suspension stuff. I still have to fabricate the coil over mounts fo rthe outer hubs and the frame. That will be this week. I did put it back on its wheels because I had to see what it looked like. The rear wheels will be a couple inches higher. I am very pleased with it. Here are some pictures

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote