View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
jeffro2

Re: A gathering of small Chevrolets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
Those, are awesome!! I would love to see some video of them in action.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm a little late on this, sorry. Thank you very much.

I wish I could find enough people to help me drive them to make a video of all of them together, but the best I can do is have you do a search on Youtube for grasslandcrawler, and you will find individual vids of those plus other scratchbuilds I have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert.Chevy View Post
Cool group picture. Nice detail work.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post

Yours, Headquakes RC's and the guy with the 3 videos of his blue crew cab is where I go when I want to satisfy my desire to watch RC videos! I love your crew cabs and the suburban.
I'd love to do this but the way gas prices are going I can almost buy and build up a real truck for as much as I would spend on an RC! I just went and looked at a 91 K30 Dually crew cab last week for a thousand dollars! TBI 454, 400 turbo, 205 with faded paint but a nice interior. The front Dana 60 is almost worth the price of the truck!
My modeling is limited to plastic kits and detailing die cast models. I usually disassemble all my die cast models and detail paint the interiors, undercarrige and engine compartment. I am working on a 1/24th Tahoe right now for my daughter who is in the Orange County, Ca. Sheriffs academy. I ordered decals and will detail paint the interior and engine compartment. I am also going to try to put her graduation date and name on the mobile data terminal screen (laptop) in the cab and see about making the lightbar, head and taillights work.
Thank you justcuz ! I know Headquakes work and he is really good, but I'm not sure about the other guy with a blue crewcab. I do know there a few that like these to look somewhat real, not tires sticking out past the truck by a mile, or they go 600 mph in scale speed...Just crazy, I like slow and as real as possible.

It can get a little expensive, plus I keep just about everything I build,(running out of room), but I have seen that where a 1:1 truck would probably be a better deal.

My problem is I have no where to take a full size 4x4 legally to have fun. Whereas these, I can take to Salt Creek, and nobody really cares, and I don't tear up things at all.

I wish I had more confidence or something to do the same thing to a 1:1.

Do you have a thread down here on the model your working on ? It sounds neat what you are doing for your daughter.
jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote