View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
GoaterAz

Re: 11 Hours on 1994 Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzC10 View Post
Looks like you had a good paint job to start with. Black looks sweet when it's polished up. But a PIA to maintain...been there done that in Tucson AZ.
Great job nice looking truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrett71 View Post
Very nice job, but a black truck in Arizona?!? I had a black Camaro when I lived out there and about died everytime I got in it.
I completely agree.

My grandfather bought this truck brand new from the factory (originally a 307, 3 speed, White with Blue interior) and my Dad restored it back in 1994. My dad threw a book of paint samples in front of me and said you get to pick, even at 8 years old, I knew that everything looked it's best in black. However, I was too young to realize how big of mistake that was, lol...in hindsight, I would have picked the factory white.

But this is my third vehicle, 2000 Camry is my daily and a 2005 GTO is my weekend bruiser, this truck is the weekend cruiser.

The funny part is, I can drive my truck for 28 minutes and get more compliment than my GTO gets in two years...haha. And my GTO is pretty damn cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrahn View Post
Looks great! I only use Adams products on my cars along with PC 7424XP polisher. Awesome stuff. Their website is real nice with tons of detailing videos. You probably could have started with the severe scratch polish (green) after the clay bar. But hey, you did great!

Now just use the detail spray for quick clean ups. Every 6 months repeat the fine glaze followed by machine wax (shouldn't take 11 hours) and she'll always look sharp.
I completely agree on the Severe Scratch Remover, but I've had these products (Swirl/Haze, Machine Polish, Machine Wax) for three years and never even opened them, so I decided just to use what I had instead of buying more product.

But, there are some scratches that would have definitely benefited from a more aggressive cutting product. I plan on selling my Porter Cable and buying their new Flex. Have you had a chance to use the Flex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Time to sell it before you have to do it again!!!

Great job! Now I feel like my truck looks like crap... thanks...
Haha...no joke. I know how this works, I will wash it twice and it will be all swirly again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74baggedbug View Post
Adams products are great!!! That's all I use to wash my 68 heck I even bought the 5gal Adams wash bucket lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Their grip guard works extremely well. Adams is the new Black...once you go Adams...

Lol...I hope that doesn't offend anyone...Adams has some amazing products.
GoaterAz is offline   Reply With Quote