View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #118
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

I got a repop tach from one of the vendors, i couldn't find anything used on ebay/message boards/etc at the time i was redoing the dash. I changed the harness so that the bulb got power from the other instrument cluster bulbs (same with heater controls) and so it grounded up by the instr cluster, so only wires running down to the box were key on power and tach signal from coil.

The vac gauge is a pontiac one done up on one of the threads here, using the original filler plate that was there, and the vac gauge decal that came with the kit.

Same thing with the parking brake warning light, copied a how to from someone else here.

The carpet was a snap to install, VERY wide so you have plenty, and i trimmed around the tank mounts and let it go up about 6-8 inches up the back if the truck. It still has to finish "lying" and getting two wrinkles out, i imagine it did some over night. Hoping to get home early and put the seat and seat belts and steering wheel in.

Have a glass guy coming tomorrow to install the rear window, i couldn't get it alone, and i think i need to adjust the opening a little more, but i wanted an expert to look at it. Soon as that's done, take it out and store it, and start on yanking the motor, etc.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=550931
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote