View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #57
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

Well got two and a half things done that I wanted to get done today. Didn't make it to the lawn watering apparatus design scientist, because the truck was willing me to work on it. Who am I to argue?! Todays destruction is brought to you in part by;

Because my dad is freakin awesome and used this stuff on the hanger and shackle eye bolts last time we had it apart!!!

Also supported by my sponsor;

Been drenching bolts since I began this. Didn't even have to fire up the compressor for all this! Would've took longer to air up and get the required gizzies out than just spinning this lubed up junk off with the ratcheto! Now for the pics!!!
This is where we left off last time.

Now back to that brake line! Lets see how resilient you are after soaking for a week and with a couple of my more persuasive tools!

HA! I WIN !!!

Uh oh, the ratchet won't fit! What do I do? Guess it"s time for some frame cuttin to make room for the ratchet!

Just kidding! I remember what I once saw on the Red Green Show, just put the ratchet on the other end! Pulled the first bolt and this where I called my dad to tell him what a bad @$$ he is!!! Never Seize!!! Props to the guy that has taught me everything I know and never fails to surprise and amaze me with his endless little tricks and knowledge! My role model!

Oh, now this is classic and I wish I would have been filming this! Popped the shock off and the top half flew off like the cork to a champagne bottle commemorating the removal of the rear end! It flew about and inch like a crappy bottle rocket!!! It made my night.

I'm thinkin this is about how steep the rake will be when it's all said and done!

Uh oh! Storm coming in quick! Gotta beat this sucker and get the rear end out and the parts back in the garage!

Made it!

And some beater love!

And my Christmas lights that are still up! Getting a jump on my neighbors for next Christmas!

As I stated earlier in the build, thanks to a younger me for buying the good stuff the first time! Quality parts by Belltech.

The evening ended here

With the consumption of this

Hell yeah for being an American! What a good life! Thanks for the read fellas! Oh and gals too, if any be lurkin.

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote