View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #81
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

An interestin evening. Picked up the smoothies with tires mounted. Tape balanced inside, nice. Blackwalls out, they look great on the truck. Pics comeing. Got home, installed the front wheels...brakes already fully rebuilt so no reason to open em up.

Figured I'd transfer the brand new shoes from Ol John Lee to the rear of John Lee Jr. His rear brakes were not rebuilt and had been sitting 18 years. Good I checked, DS rear cylinder had sprung a leak and the old shoes were wet. To be expected, a leak after such a long sit. But, naturally I couldn't get Ol John Lees new rear wheel cylinders transfered with out breaking the old brittle rear line to the DS rear cylinder. So, thats on tap for tomorrow evening, replace the line and blead the rear. In any event, I got the new rear wheel cylinders and shoes on with a rough shoe adjustment. I was able to break loose the old old old rear rubber brake hose and transfer Ol John Lee's new one over with no issues. So, I'll still have to open the system back up to transfer over the 2 pot 67 C10 master and split the front from the rear but thats another weekend with all new lines but this time I'm gonna get a pump and push the air out from the cylinders thru the master. I think it'll go much easier.

If all the parts come in friday and sat, this weekend is lookin like much of the final road worthyness upgrades will get completed....I can then get back to drivin and some gun work. On the menu for this weekend and the remainder of April is...

New exhaust with thrush from manifold back.

Dual pot brake conversion with front/rear split.

Langdon/GM HEI ignition and tune.

Langdon/Weber 2 BBL progressive and fancy dancy air cleaner.

Swap in Ol John Lee's brand new V8 Radiator, replace all hoses, replace temp sender, replace fan belt, replace thermostat and I really should upgrade that lil heater core to the delux core for lotsa heat this winter.

I think I can have it all done by the end of April then get busy in may with drivin John Lee Jr and with finishin up a couple custom rifles and trim out my gun cabinet and pick up some stuff to restore for a buddy and go make some visits in my new old truck.

Anybody use the LMC Class II hitch? What I wanna know is if I install it, does it allow me to retain the under bed spare tire?

Last edited by Sharps40; 04-12-2013 at 05:35 AM.