View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #98
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Exhaust is in and its wicked mellow...put in a 25" thrush, Walker Head and tail pipe and a Roli straight thru coupler. About 2.5 hrs work and no leaks!!

The new and the old layin out on the floor. New looks a lot nicer.

The new Walker 48111 headpipe has a tulip fitting. Counter man says toss the exhaust doughnut, no sealer...just cinch it up snug with the factory ring and go drive.

Here is the 2" ID straight through coupler...why? Cause the Walker 48111 is for the long bed. No short bed pipes made these days. I'll section it and put it back together with the Roli coupler. I marked the mid point of the coupler and the total depth so I can drive it on and leave half for the rear of the headpipe after I shorten it up a bit more.

Coupler is on the front half of the newly cut headpipe, I cut it just a few inches behind the first pipe hanger. Just gettin all the slip on stuff slipped on so I don't have to chase dropped nuts and washers under the truck.

A bit of tape to hold the flange up so it won't slide down the pipe when I put the head pipe in from below.

A couple bungies keep things still while I line up the tulip in the manifold and get the nuts on finger tight.

Loosely positioning the first hanger...I'll shorten it up and tighten it up after bringing the rear of the head pipe into position.

I went ahead and fished that 25" thrush on to the Walker tail pipe, clamped it snug and fished it up over the rear axle from the front side of the axle.

Last edited by Sharps40; 10-07-2013 at 06:51 PM.