View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #108
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Scraping and cleaning the thermostat lower water neck elbow thingie...

Hot and cold idiot lights don't work, wires are good, bulbs good so I'll change out the cracked sending unit.

I'm goin HEI so I won't need extra wires off the starter for the coil so I separated the water sender wires from the ignition wires and taped up the sender wires. Its supposed to be a cloth cover but electrical tape is good enough...thats whats everywhere else from the Baltimore Plant and this ain't no 100 point restoration.

New sender has a tittie on the prong, needs squished just a bit w/plyers to install the sender socket.

Before removing the heater core, backflush it in both directions about 15 times. I got a lot of brown gunk out...should flow better later. (Mercy - It didn't pop the core when I back flushed!)

Took the lid off the heater box...ooops....another reason for no heat!

Cleaned the mess and saw the core is not clamped into the box....I'll fix that with spares from Ol John Lee's heater box.

Hmmm, thats how the trash got in there...Jr has no screen in his duct like Ol John Lee did from the factory. In fact, Jrs. knock outs for the screws are not even knocked out. So, I knocked Jr around and screwed him up with Ol John Lee's inlet screen to keep out trash.

Last edited by Sharps40; 10-07-2013 at 06:59 PM.