View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #117
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Lets see, can't account for girlie stuff like wifie callin at 4 pm and meet me for dinner, so did my duty, ate dinner and then went to the garage! First, pulled #1 plug and watched the piston come up, stopped rotation at 10 degrees before TDC as this is the static timeing I want to start with. Marked the 10 degree setting on the tab, I just love silver Sharpies! I also marked the factory 4 degrees, but 10 is right there with the Big A for advance.

Yank the cap, yep, rotor pointin at tower/wire number one so this is the compression stroke for cylinder 1 and I am exactly 10 degrees before Top Dead Center...don't need a rag to blow out of the plug hole or a finger on the hole to feel the air, just look at where the rotor is pointin...keep it easy.

Heres the old AC plugs, running fine and the piston top is not burned, just a nice light greybrown....

New hotter Champion Plug on the left as recommended by Mr. Langdon at Stovebolt.

I gap the new plugs at a strong 45 thousands. Mr. Langdon says ya can go to 60 thou.

New plugs in and old antique coil is out.

Plug the dizzy hole after yankin it and scrape off the old rotted dizzy base gasket.

New and old Dizzies on the bench. I greased the dizzy hole, the new dizzy gear and back to my old school ways, cut a new dizzy base gasket from felpro stock. No sense payin $3 for one I can make from a nickles worth of gasket stock.

Last edited by Sharps40; 10-07-2013 at 07:05 PM.