View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #128
ls1nova71

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

I just have a few pics for today.

Put the lens back in the bezel, and drill straight down with a drill bit the same size as the trip reset button. This hole may have to be enlarged later if you don't get it exactly in the right sopt, so it's best to use a small bit to start.

Moving back to the face. Drill the holes for the 2 needle stops (knife pointing to hole). Make sure that the hole isn't too big, the needle stop needs to fit snug in the face, NOT the clear plastic part behind it. Also drilled the hole for the high beam indicator, and the 2 little screws that held the original speedo face on.

Needle stop installed at 0 mph, I also put one at 120 mph.

Now comes a part that can be tricky. When you put the face on the clear plastic part, it needs to be shifted slightly 'up' from center like in this pic. This is important or it won't look right. The reason is because of the angle that the s-10 dash was at versus the straight up angle of the 67-72. Trial fit it and hold the cluster straight up at the angle you will veiw it when it's in the truck and you'll see what I mean. You'll be looking slightly down at it, and if the face is up, you'll be able to see the odometer completely.

Once you have it where you want it (after you've double and triple checked whare the face is going to be) Mark the needle stop holes and the screw holes.

Then take the face back off and drill out the holes where the needle stops and screws go. You want them to be bigger than the stops and screws, since they will just push into the face, the holes are just to allow for the part sticking out the back of the face to have somewhere to go. If you look at where they were originally on the S-10 you will see what i mean

This is all for now. I'll post more in a few days.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote