View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #174
ls1nova71

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by exploderjim View Post
Eric,

Can I ask you if its possible to make the speedo in KPH? the O would be the same and the 50 mph is the same as 80kph and 100 mph is 160 kph. Maybe you could put me in touch with your designer to get it done. Or a copy of the program to get it altered here. I bought a S-10 cluster here in Canada and its in Kilometers. I thought it would be cool to run it that way. Otherwise I'd end up with KM odometer and Miles on the speedo.
Thanks
Jim
Jim, I don't know how well it would work out. Just going from the stock 100MPH to 120MPH made the lines on the face a little crowded, since there are now 12 lines versus the original 10 (one for each 10MPH) Doing a KPH conversion would mean the speedo would need to go to 190KPH, and you would have to have 19 lines on it. It would basically be starting over at the graphics shop, and that cost me almost a hundred bucks. If you really wanted to do it, I would find a local graphic shop and ask them if they could do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
GM DRAC/VSSB Calibration

If you are carbed, this is what you need to drive an electric speedo. They are easy to find in 92-95 Chevy/GMC full size trucks, its a white box mounted under the ECM. Make sure you take the pigtail as well.

Easy to wire it too. Just de-pin wires you won't be using and braid together the VSS sensor wires to prevent interference. Connect 12V+ switched thru a 2A fuse, ground, and the C15 VSS output to the speedometer input. Calibrate the box using the method above, and done. Way cheaper ($5 if the junkyard even charges you) and guaranteed to work correctly vs the universal Dakota Digital method for $89.

This is VERY interesting! Thanks for posting the link, I may have to try this just to see how it would work out.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote