View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: The Ant Farm - 67 C10 Suburban project

Somebody must have tried to pull it out of its resting place by hooking a chain to the passenger frame horn. Some damage resulted. Will need cut off at the idler arm mount area on forward and replaced. Luckily I have a spare 67 C10 frame rail in my collection. Simple fix. Unfortunately the front bumper will not fit properly until the frame rail is fixed.

For the most part it is pretty much a time capsule from 1979. Only a few items missing that the owners kids pilfered over the years for their trucks. The worst are the driveshaft and radiator & shroud. Otherwise not too bad for how long it sat there.

Paint is not faded red but a 1969 repaint in hugger orange after a minor fender bender dented the driver side fender. Original color is cardinal red. Not far off from the orange and can be seen in a few spots where the orange has peeled off or was not covered over. I love the patina look and the moss on the hood but the rust in the quarter panels, floor pans & rockers has got to go. May be a losing battle with the wife as she likes the thing but wants it to be shiny. I think this is the first of my vehicles she has ever liked. I will see how long I can keep the moss on the hood before she scrubs it off.
Attached Images

68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote