View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #87
Billett

Re: First Time Swapper

Thanks for the info. I'm going to use a Jack Daniels bottle as a coolant overflow, so I suppose I can work something else out for a PS reservoir. I also need to find something cool to put the PCM in... Few more questions I thought of.*

1) I need to take a look at my wiring harness to figure out which o2 sensors I need, but do the MAF sensors have different plugs? I was looking up part numbers for the lq4 maf and apparently there is an old and new version. Anyone know what the difference is? The old one is a lot cheaper. A list of o2 and MAF part numbers or at least a link would be super as well. The maf I looked into is listed as*AF10043.

2) I've decided that I have enough on my plate right now besides learning to tune. I would like to learn in the future but now isn't the time. I'm between TexasSpeed, BlackBear, and wait4me mail order tunes. I'm leaning towards wait4me, but every time I remember to look on their site I only have my phone on me, and the site requires flash... What I'm wondering is, when these places tune the PCM are they for a specific octane rating or will the pcm realize you filled up with a different octane and adjust accordingly? I know some tuners do that I just wasn't sure about these specifically.

3) I know this has been asked a million times before, but I can't seem to find my calipers at home, and I don't have the time atm moment to look it up, so if any of you know off the top of your head I would appreciate it. What sizes are the inlets to the LS water pumps, and the inlets to the stock radiator? If I recall the top of the LS matches the bottom of the radiator, but I can't remember if they are 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" and I think the other is only 1/4" larger but I can't remember exactly.*
Posted via Mobile Device
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote