Thread: MD/HD Wreckers
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #112
Stevedwnng

Re: MD/HD Wreckers

Thanks. Yeah it's a rollback. I don't like that the bed sits so far back from the cab, although it's a perfect place for a short utility body. I do wish the bed was longer, but I think I'll probably swap it for an aluminum Chevron or something similar if I ever come across one. Do you guys think there'll be a difference mileage wise compared to this steel body? Can't find an ID tag on the rollback body. My friend I got it from bought it at an auction about 12 years ago. He put all brand new rubber on it all the way around (9.00-20), and had new springs put in. It's been sitting for a couple years so I've been going over his place and working on it getting it ready to bring home. I replaced the fuel lines, starter silinoid, new battery cables, battery, and fixed the choke cable. It starts right up but I gotta pull the r/s exhaust manifold and replace the flange studs, really annoying exhaust leak. Although I'm wondering if big block pickup truck headers would fit and might let it breath some. The guy my friend let use it must have beat the crap out of it cause there's alot of mickey mouse hacking. Rachet straps holding the hydraulic tank in place, a plastic pvc pipe for a PTO lever, and then there's the wiring. But it's free and for the most part all it's gonna cost me to get her back to her old glory is time. It's perfect for what I wanna do. Getting my dealer's license so I'll have a way to bring stuff back from auction, take my car to the track, and scrap. I'm wondering if I put a Edelbrock Performer cam and intake on it with the headers if it'll make a difference pulling wise. Maybe help with gas mileage if it runs more effecient. Not expecting miracles, lol.
Stevedwnng is offline   Reply With Quote