View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
MARTINSR

Re: 48 chevy section and chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
+1, Add me to that list. There are so many nifty ideas on that truck that you have to make a list to keep track of them and they all blend in so well with each other that until you start looking at it you only see the whole very nifty truck. That is when a guy has done customizing right. The photo is fairly high resolution so you can save it and enlarge it to see the details better.

I've spent many an hour studying the various articles on the Dream Truck MARTINSR and even have a number of photos of my truck parked by to it at the Chevy-GMC Truckin Nationals in Ogden in 1982. I think I used up one full roll of film on that truck alone that weekend.
Yep, when that truck was shown for the first time after it's rebirth I was there like it was a rock star! I have photos taken of it at the SF Rod and Custom show around 82 up on my garage wall as well as Rod & Custom magazines with it on the front cover. I was explaining to my 16 year old son this weekend what that truck meant to me, seeing it for the first time was literally like seeing Peter Frampton to someone who idolized him, you know what I mean? It was HUGE, I would have gone to the show anyway, but knowing it was there, HOLY CRAP, that is all I thought about, it was like I probably put on a special shirt and got a hair cut for when I "met" it!

Now the sad part, I was in a HORRIBLE marriage where I was trapped and controlled (yes it's sad I let it happen) and I lost touch with a lot of friends and family for times. My brother lived right here in town and had a shop where he specialized in carburetion, and did a lot of hot rod work. I found out LATER that he had the Dream Truck in his shop for a few weeks! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS! I could have been over there sitting in the Dream Truck! OMG, yep, just another reason to hate that beach. Like I needed any more reasons.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote