View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #318
greywuuf

Re: 67-72 C/K/T-40's-90's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
Dan, That's OK, you will now have room for that Detroit you are talking about.

A 5 X 3 would be a good combination behind a 4-53. Even though I'm a 10-Speed Road Ranger fan, I also wouldn't mind having Twin Sticks.

Bill
Man I know this is an OLD thread, but I thought I should mention.... I bought a Brand new short block for this truck .... it came from a gm dealer as a replacement truck motor, and went to a truck shop but unfortunately got stored in a shed that had a roof collapse and when I asked about it,, the guy got it out and had one piston lightly stuck... so he smacked with a hammer and broke it I tore it down and took the 7 good pistons and the bare rod to the machine shop along with a new GM piston and had it pressed on..... so we are back to a factory new short block ( tall deck had my original small port truck heads rebuilt) and the complete motor that came out of it....

it will likely go back as original ... still don't know where to get a shift tower for a 5756b Spicer though........ oh and just in case everyone is lost... this is the 427 truck motor, unfortunately not a detroit

Seeing locomotives breathes on the road has inspired me.
greywuuf is offline   Reply With Quote