View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #85
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

...also some updates, the brakes are all assembled and everything fits great, I did have to file a bit on the spindle where my outer spacers interfered, but it worked out. Seriously heavy duty, I won't be saving any weight there, the spindle, hub, rotor, caliper, center lug adapter all together has to weigh 80-100lbs easily per side. the front sway bar also arrived, drop shipped from Porterbuilt as did the Ridetech Select Coilovers. I'm concerned there in that the front springs are so much heavier than the rear, and it's just a wild guess at this point, but I'm hoping to be much closer to a 50/50 weight distribution when it's all said and done than these trucks typically are, we'll see. Anyway, there is a distinct possibility that I may try and respring the Ridetechs with dual rate Eibach springs at some point anyway.

The Pep Boys rebuild looking rack and pinion got shipped back and now in it's place I have a glorious Flaming River quick ratio rack. If this is an example of their products, I'll probably be doing one of their columns as opposed to the Ididit I was planning on, nice piece, pic attached.

Name:  IMG_0308.jpg
Views: 1641
Size:  17.6 KB

I should have taken pics before I stowed them away, but I also picked up a pair of Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade 3rd row seats. I've attached the ebay pic though. They are pretty cool, they are like individual buckets with each having a cup holder and a little cubby hole so that then they are together it's like a center console between them. They have the integral shoulder belts and I think they will adapt well to a Recaro like makeover to better match the fronts. I think my biggest issue there will be that I really want to use early style aircraft latch seat and shoulder belts in the front and adapting that to the back maybe tricky.

Name:  Escalade seats ebay pic open.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  35.2 KB

I also packed up my space saver spare wheel before I took a pic of it but I found a new Cadillac XTS spare wheel, 4" wide and will clear the Corvette brakes. Also attached the ebay pic of it. I'll be getting a new center milled so that it will mount on the center lug. still trying to figure out where I'll put it, I may put it under the floor with a well in the top of the tank or maybe in the bed side behind the drivers seat with a suburban well grafted in there, just not sure there is room for a 28" diameter tire there. Another option is under the hood (it is going to be a straight 6) but I'd have to put it on the exhaust side of the engine, just not sure that is a good idea. I was going to go spareless but when I thought about it, being stuck with a flat with a hard to find tire size and a wheel arrangement that pretty much doesn't exist seemed too risky for me, maybe in the end it'll just get thrown in the back and taken out when I need the space.

Name:  Cadillac XTS spare wheel.jpg
Views: 1446
Size:  42.5 KB
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote