View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #24
jorgensensc

Re: She won't fire up. Please help me! I"m at a complete loss!

SUCCESS!!!! Well, partially anyway. She runs! Doesn't drive yet, but runs. I called the tuner up this morning after double checking that the injectors and coils were getting power. Asked him to look at the tune again to verify VATS was off. He insisted it was off, but said he would look again. Called me back 20 minutes later and said it was his mistake. He turned it off but didn't rewrite all. So, another 45 min drive one way, got the computer tuned again and I got home. Put the computer in and she fired up and died. Couldn't get her to stay running. Then finally she caught and ran for awhile till I turned her off. I was getting a MAF code. Everytime I would clear it the engine would die. Then I would try and start it 10 times or so before it would fire up again. Finally went and checked the MAF connector. PSI had it wired incorrectly. I repinned it correctly cleared the codes, and she fired right up no problem! Also had to repin the oil pressure sensor too. I'm very irritated with PSI right now, but I won't get into all the things I had to redo on this harness in this thread.

Now on to the next major problem!! It won't shift into gear. I think I know what the problem is but am not sure how exactly the best way to fix it is. I thought I bought an08 escalade pull out. Come to find out the engine and computer were an 08 escalade, but the tranny was from an '11 silverado. Didn't think it would be a problem, but evidently it is. Apparently the '08 ECM won't talk to the '11 TCM in the tranny. From what I understand I need to get an '11 ECM and have it programmed for the '08 engine and the '11 tranny. Then supposedly it will shift. Started figuing their might be an issue with the engine/tranny mismatch when the tranny wouldn't pass the can bus signal along and I was getting 158mph speed on the scan tool. John at speartech agreed that I need to get a '11 ECM and that will fix it. Unless any key has any other great solutions ?
Anyone have a tranny connector pin out for the '11 tranny so I can see if I can maybe make the tranny go into limp mode and drive to the exhaust shop?
Posted via Mobile Device

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote