View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #21
hugger6933

Re: 06 Seirra frame swap

I do this for a living and have since 1987. I use a two post lift in my shop to lift the cabs off as well as the beds and the motor/trans. I have even changed a suburban body by myself using that method, talk about being spoiled! It wasn't always that easy. we had tried every thing from tractors with loader buckets to forklifts and everything else in between.your looks to be a good and more important a fairly safe idea. Also I am gonna say looking at the pics there where the frame is kinked you are better off with another frame.I have a frame machine, and most likely would not even load it on the table with that damage because it is made to collapse in that area to keep the damage from entering into the cabin of the truck, back a few years ago the industry used a buzz word "crumple zone". With the new frame[or new to the truck] it will drive right and the fenders will bolt up right and every thing will fit and that helps make a hard job less so and more enjoyable. glad to see you got it going, enjoy your new truck. There is nothing wrong with driving a rebuilt wreck as long as it is done right. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote