Thread: 1953 Awakening
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
1956cameo

Re: 1953 Awakening

We have made a little more progress in the last few weeks. We were able to find some original rims the replace the rusted out and mismatch wheels that were on the truck before. We got the new rims blasted and painted. We will get some new rubber in the next few days.

When we first put the 53 up on the lift we noticed that the drivers side front spring was broken. Since the springs were obviously worn and we thought the truck would look better lowered we went ahead and got new aftermarket 3" drop sprigs. Mono's in the back and dual springs in the front.

Unfortunately the floorboards, toeboards, and front door jams were a little rustier than we would have liked. We wen't ahead and ordered replacement panels but the first step was to remove the front clip for easier access. I believe every bolt but one broke off, not a good sign for things to come.

Now that the front clip is off we can start performing metalwork and replace suspension and engine parts without much restriction. We also got all new wiring and brake parts so that should take place soon. We also decided to replace the bed with a better one off of a 1949 parts truck. Once we get the old bed off we can replace the bad metal in the cab corners.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote