View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #82
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Update. Got the fan shroud back from fabricator. I modified the design a little so the fan sits 2.5 inches not 4 inches from the radiator. I think it turned out nice and the modification should draw thru the radiator better. It was made with 16 gauge T6 sheet and was riveted together. It weighs very little, but is very strong. Money well spent I think.

Another interesting development for those that have been following my build for some time. Finally found a body shop that won't require me to mortgage my house. The cab should be in the body shop this August. Crossing my fingers..... Before the body shop, I want to get some line-x work done. So, I spoke with the line-x dealer local to me and asked about getting the underneath of the cab line-x'd. he recommended Corathane (Sherwin Williams Product) as a prime for the line-x.

He said line-x sticks to this stuff like crazy. Expensive stuff at $100 for a gallon. I was told it goes far though. So off to harbor freight for some cheap tools.

I have to take a brake for a few weeks to do a job or two, then the cab will get some attention. Things are looking up for now.