View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Longbed68

Bed Floor Questions

In another thread I mentioned having a '30s truck as a daily driver. Almost a year later I finally found it! It should be getting here next week, I haven't even seen it yet. So more on that later.

One thing I know is that it's totally missing the bed floor. I've been doing some shopping around and it seems like I can get a complete kit with every nut and bolt you need for the job for about $550 from a couple places I've seen, like The Filling Station. That's not bad, really, but this is going to be a very budget-minded project and I'm going to want to save every penny I can. If I piece together everything separately at oldchevytrucks.com (because I don't seem to see a complete kit available) it only comes to $375, which is obviously much better. I'm not positive that I have everything, though.

I have in my Cart:
-BP1411 Bed to frame bolt kit
-BP156ZP Bed strip bolt kit
-BP156RC Bed strip carriage bolt kit
-BP215P Bed wood kit (pine)
-BPS0002 Bed strip corners
-BP1152 Bed strip kit
-BP135 Bed mounting block and pads

Does that sound like everything? One thing I'm confused about is the two bed strip bolt kits. Do I need both? I'm not sure what the difference is.

Is there any other source that I may get an even better deal, from? I'd even be perfectly happy getting everything used if that's possible, but does this stuff ever come available used?

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Dan
Longbed68 is offline   Reply With Quote