View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #75
jorgensensc

Re: She won't fire up. Please help me! I"m at a complete loss!

UPDATE! She is running and driving almost perfect!!! Got the tune done and she is a beast. I am extremely impressed!! The tuner did what he does, turned down torque management (he doesn't like to turn it completely off). We drove it around a little after the tune and all I can say is WOW! Money well spent. It will spin the tires a little from a stop but gain traction quickly. Then chirps the tires hard when 2nd gear hits. Blew the doors off a newer Escalade at a stop light.
Still trying to work a couple of things out you guys may be a le to help with. I get a p0108 code(high map sensor voltage) the minute I turn the ignition on. I. He med voltage and it appears to be correct. I changed the map sensor anyway and still get the error. I get 5v at ignition on. Ground wire is good. And 1.1 volts at idle from PCM wire. The voltage goes up accordingly as the throttle increases.
Also the engine keeps going into limp mode at WOT or even steady 3/4 throttle. Only code is p0108. I read somewhere that if the map sensor reads above 4.7 volts for more than 4 seconds it can do this. Any ideas? Thanks again guys! I'm super stoked to have it running, even in its hampered state.
Posted via Mobile Device

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote