View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #77
ls1nova71

Re: 68 longbed 5.3/4l60e

Wow, is that the same truck that was in the first post of this thread? Looks nice.

As for the BCM, what are you wanting to use it for? It is fairly straight forward, but you'll need more than just pin outs, you'll need several wiring diagrams. Also if you want to run the automatic headlights, you'll need a 99-02 switch. Also use a 99-02 BCM,, since they will have the retained accessory power that you can't use on the 03-up models. The older BCM's have the chime module built into them so that's why you don't see any stereo speaker hook ups. The serial data line doesn't need to be hooked up unless you're wanting to use the BCM for features that rely on a signal from the VSS such as the 'turn signal left on too long' chime or the 'driving with park brake applied' chime. It's also worth noting, that where you put the BCM will determine if you can even hear it while driving. I have mine directly under the top of the dash behind the instrument cluster, and driving with the A/c on and the stereo on, its kind of hard to hear. Turn the radio down and A/C on low and its still not as loud as it is in a new truck. With the engine off its really noticeable, so the headlight chime works great, but with automatic headlights, its kind of a moot point since I never turn the switch on manually.

On the A/C, if your PCM is tuned for an '02, all you'll need is the high and low pressure switches. You would hook the wire that goes to the clutch to the AC request wire. I'm not sure on the fans, but would think if the PCM is set up for electric fans' then they should come on when the AC request wire is hot. No '02 truck originally came with electric fans, so Current has just enabled them in the tune.

Oil pressure sender depends on what gauges you're running as to whether or not it will work. Your generally better off using the sender specifically designed for what ever gauge you use.
Posted via Mobile Device

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html

Last edited by ls1nova71; 08-30-2013 at 02:16 AM.
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote