View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #28
nxtruck

Re: How to make a 1050 Dom list 8896 streetable

Hey Mike! I can try to throw some more info in about what you're dealing with. Opinions vary on this, so I'll give you mine, based on my experiences with a couple dominators that I've ran. I had the best luck eliminating the intermediate circuit; basically converting the carb to a 2-circuit. There is a ton of info on the Motorsports Village forum on how this is done, along with some starting points in relation to jetting, ifr relocating and sizing, iab and mab sizing, etc. I would suggest taking a look at this info and then decide if it sounds like something you want to try. It's not hard to do, and, if you're not happy with the results, you can always revert back to the original setup. You can clean up the rich off-idle and part throttle manners of these 1050s and end up with a carb that is just as drivable and throttle-responsive as a good 4150. Now, with that said, my 434 ran better with my reworked hp 1000 than it did with an 8082 hp 1050 at the track. The mph was about the same, but the ets were just a tick better with the smaller carb. Not saying yours won't run better with a tuned-up 1050, though.
BTW, there's also a thread on yellowbullet that I started about a year ago titled " Holley 4150 HP metering " that has a lot of good info on idle feed restrictor location, emulsion, and their affect on start-up, idle, and part throttle drivability. Check that out, also, as that addresses some of the same issues that you're dealing with.
Hope some of this helps you.
1965 Chevy C10 LWB, 355 sbc, TH350, daily driver
nxtruck is offline   Reply With Quote