View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #182
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
I like the glove box idea!! I have thought about buying the cardboard one and making it out of metal, thanks for the idea and for showing how easy it will be, thanks again!!
Thanks Chad.

Yep, trust me, its as easy as it looks, if I can, anyone can.

I am just soooo sorry I did not copy the template so one could lay it out as a plan for everyone to copy.

After work today I went down to the garage to check something out that has bugged me for a while.

The truck has some white plastic panels along the bottoms of the doors, and when I bought it, my suspicion was that they were covering holes. Presumably speaker holes. But you could not feel it, as the plastic is quite thick.

Ideally I would be happy with intact all steel door panels, but hey..... if the holes are there..... make lemonade.

Et Voila !!!!

Test fitted the 6 X 9 200 Watt speakers I had hidden for a rainy day and even the mounting holes correspond.

I also have an amp in the garage that I gave to a friend a few years ago, along with a 12 inch Sub, which should drive the pair of 4 ways quite adequately.

Of course there are also a pair of speakers mounted in the "B-Pillars" behind my head, but I will be leaving them alone. Along with the 400 Watt speakers in the doors, it will be way more noise than I need.

Over the weekend I have a few bits to do, including going to see a guy about airbrush painting a skull.

I may pop over to Martins, as he is in the electronics game and I want to fit a beeper inside the cab to my indicator, so that I can remember to switch them off after I go around a corner.
He also has rubber grommets which he uses in his daily job, or removes from customers cars, so maybe fit some when fitting the speakers in the doors.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote