View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #190
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Teaser Pic...
Will Post in the morning!!!
Badge landed safely this week. Thanks to Don and his son who now no longer has a Miata badge on his MX5

Showed it to Nocola and she was VERY pleased. Like me, she likes stuff a bit different, so the US Spec badge will do that too.

Thursday night after work I drove about 50 miles via mate Martin who has two MX5's and a Chevy C10 truck's place, down to Ashford to buy a complete electric window mechanism from a breaker for £40 which including company car fuel at 12p/mile meant it cost me £52.00 to fetch as my mates rates unit at half that price never made it out the starting gates due to ill health.

Friday I worked in Central London so when I got home via train and after filling the company car, I jumped into Merlin and drove the 15 miles to Martins place for him to "help me fit it" (well, he did all the work)

On removing the door panel which I will remake some time, we found a "universal" winder lit bodged in there.

40 minutes later we had a working drivers window and a very happy wife who was watching the progress via Whatsapp updates from home, as she got home at about 5.30

Once done I needed to get home and jumped in, only to be asked by Martin "Why do you sit so close to the wheel?"

Yes, turns out that in the rush to fit the chrome Style bar, I had fitted it back to front........ Two bolts and less than 10 minutes later, I was stretching my legs with the seats back another 50mm which never bothered Miss Daisy as she sits closer to the wheel anyway.

So a big Thank You to Martin for the help to clear the last hurdle in getting Merlin fully useable for Nicola who asked me last night if she could go to work today (Saturday) even though they do not work weekends.

Pics later.
Posted via Mobile Device
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote