View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #55
Crash_OK

Re: Gauges used for LSx swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Quick update guys. I finally got enough wiring done on my install so I could at least test the gauges and after a few trial and errors, I got everything working!!!! Using the Dakota Digital VHX gauges and their OBD BIM interface, I'm able to pull just about everything the CAN BUS monitors and display it on my gauge interface, Check engine light, speed, tach, water temp, oil press, tranny temp, IAT, OAT, and I even got it to display the gear indication!!!! I'm extremely happy right now and I can't wait to fire this bad boy up, . Crash I also figured out a way to wire up the BIM so you don't have to jam up your OBDII port. Let me know if you want the info. Sorry for my exuberance, but it was a banner day on moving my build forward.
Hart_Rod,

Great news on getting the gauges working. Please send the info on how you keep the OBDII port open, also any info on the oil pressure working via the PCM. It am certain that was not a option when I set my gauges up. Maybe you have a newer firmware for you gauges..

Once again great news on getting everything working.. Have a great day, and good luck with the rest of your build..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote