View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #213
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Looking Very Good! I really like the color!!!
Hi Don,

I do like the colour as well, but it needs good sunlight to really make it "pop"

Been at it today was well.

This will be another shortish report with the pics speaking.

Nicola has always loved skulls and I recently nearly nicked her one.

Anyway, when I started to work on prepping and getting this hard top sorted for her, I decided to give making a roof liner for her a go.

I ordered a piece of "nice" skull fabric off Ebay.

Cut a piece of thin hard board to size after drawing a template on an old Zambia map I had found in a cabinet Mickey brought here a few months ago.

I also had some mortuary sheets which I was going to cut to size and then glue down with contact adhesive to create a bit of a padded feel, finally covering and wrapping the hard board in the skull fabric. The last step would be to fix it to the roof once the painting is completed.

Mortuary sheets cut up and glued down 4 deep.

Eventually the skull fabric.

Sanded and prepped.

Masked and primer started.

Also had to grind out and repair the damage to the roof.

Thinnest of skims of filler afterward, and some fresh primer over it all.

Once the weather warms up a bit tomorrow I will spray the first of several coats of the paint, followed on Monday night by some clear lacquer to protect it all.

Mate Martin will be over tomorrow afternoon with his template for cutting the spare set of side panels I bought for the roofs side clips to attach through.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote