Thread: Trouble codes
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Trouble codes

Wow....just wow....this is the third Pedal response failure thread. I need to start running a national B!tchslap your Tuner campaign.

The first two codes are Pedal Failure/Tb Failure or low circuit voltage. Basically, the tb and pedal aren't communicating with the ecm (since the TAC functions became integral to the ecm).

Third one is that it isn't reading the crank sensor or its out of phase. This one should get solved by a CASE learn, or in some cases just a few starts until it can phase the crank and cam sensors (did you pull the vvt off or no?)

Fourth one is reduced engine power. This is a tricky bastardo but usually is a symptom not a cause. It usually pops up when there is a random low idle (i.e. stalls itself out), or when there is a random electrical failure or spike.

If you clear the codes and try to start, no harm will be done. It MIGHT not want to start with the crank sensor problem tho. The other problems are ancillary, and the engine should be able to idle without input from the pedal.

Considering that you got ALL the codes for the dbw system at the same time AND a crank sensor fail....I would say the mismatch in the ecm is causing some confusion. It would be strange for them to all fail at once barring getting struck by lightening.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote