View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: 1970 GMC Suburban... for the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn 70 View Post
Heh heh heh.... I wish I could have done that with my youngest. Enjoy whilst you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
What a cutie. Make sure not to get grease and gunk all over the carrier or God forbid on her delicate skin!
I used to hang mine on a bouncy chair in the garage. A buddy hung his baby on the back of the open tilt up garage door once and a spring broke! Scared the hell out of everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY COX View Post
Just read through your build and it's awesome what your doing to make that burb a 4 dr.I know I miss my ole Burb 70 4x4 250 six 3 spd. Congrats on your little ones, I'm sure your loving every min cause they grow very fast as my twins just turned 17. Anymore updates.
Thanks, guys! No real updates. I am going through the Dana 60 right now when I get a few free minutes. Yesterday I chased the threads in the knuckles. I pulled the 4.10's out of an old rear that I had laying around. While I have it out I am going through everything. The King pins were just done by the PO, But I wanted to do the seals and change all the grease. While I was in there, I found one lower race that was iffy, so I pulled it tonight to replace it. I ordered the seals and race, but the pony express hasn't delivered them yet. I used the trusty 7018 bearing remover. Worked like a champ!

Still saving money to do the transmission rebuild. The suburban has become my time filler when I can't work on my brothers truck. I have a lot of cleaning, inspection, and assembly to do, so plenty to keep me busy.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote