View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #77
1leglance

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

Well Nick (mosesburb) and I got the rig together and it was high time for a shake down run. Funny thing is his birthday and mine are about a week apart so what better way to celebrate than drag our families out for some dirt time.

As with all great outings there was plenty of tarmac time, of which I gladly did not take a pic of. I will say that the 700r4 made a big difference in cruising comfort. I still travel about 65mph but it is so much nicer now.

Our first stop was in Tombstone....yeah it is touristy but the courthouse museum is worth a visit and you can bypass all the silly stuff in town.
At least we parked in dirt to start the trip off right

I am a sucker for this vintage wood furniture, America had some style back then.

Pre-interweb days when you might actually look something up in a book and had no spell check, or copy & paste to help with typing your work. I love the desk though.

I think all courtrooms should have this sense of style and authority vs our modern cheap & sterile county courtrooms.
Just imagine the wild trials heard in this Tombstone room.

Even growing up in the Panhandle of Texas you forget how many different types of barbed wire were around. It must of been a hoot to listen to a salesman expound of the virtures of his product vs anothers back in the day.

Last edited by 1leglance; 11-05-2013 at 12:30 PM.
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote